Please be aware that we need to work together in fighting dengue fever cases in the KDOJ Student Residential College area.
We ask everyone to help check their rooms and bathrooms for shared preventive actions.
The following preventative measures can be taken:
- Ensure no mosquitoes are breeding in the flush water tank (larvae).
- Disposal of water-holding container (polystyrene).
- Verify that the water tank is sealed (if open, please inform the KDOJ College Office).
- Ensure that the water is removed from the catchment container at least once every week (if it involves using a bucket).
- Wear long sleeves and long pants to cover your skin when visiting outside areas.
- Use mosquito repellent lotion or spray on your skin and clothes.
- Wear socks and closed-toe shoes to cover your feet.
- Avoid wearing dark-colored clothes, as mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors.
- Use mosquito nets while sleeping.
- Keep doors and windows closed or use mosquito screens to prevent mosquitoes from entering.
- Remove standing water from around your living area, as it is a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Use mosquito coils or electric mosquito repellents in your room.
It is highly appreciated that every Student at KDOJ cooperates well that dengue can be controlled.